Subject: Re: [Boost-users] Boost-users Digest, Vol 2362, Issue 3
From: NuSkooler (nuskooler_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-05-17 15:00:55

> Are you using the trunk's version of STLPort? The STLPort in trunk has
> modifications for use in android. Though it assumes it doesn't have RTTI
> and exceptions.
> You would need to add -D__ANDROID__ as well, since it is this that
> STLPort checks for.
> I'm still trying to compile and your email was *very* valuable.
> Maybe creating a android.jam in the tools/ dir in boost.build would be
> better.

Glad the post has been helpful --

I probably should have re-tested without the STLPort references.
Originally I had been using the standard non-modified NDK and the
STLPort from the "ndk-wrappers" posts found on the NDK group. Later I
found RTTI and exceptions just too hard to live without and upgraded
to the Crystax modified NDK which contains it's own STL (no need for a
external STLPort). I'll try re-compiling without any STLPort
references now.

A android.jam would be great -- So far I've found the jam build system
very overwhelming though... I have no clue where to start on something
like that.

Bryan