Subject: Re: [Boost-users] [lambda] helping lambda to deduce return type and then avoid 'ret<T>'
From: Joel de Guzman (joel_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-05-29 01:51:56

On 5/29/2010 1:32 PM, alfC wrote:
>>> while lambda with units needs to explicitly to #include<boost/units/
>>> lambda.hpp>
>>> boost phoenix works out of the box
>> Glad to hear. Anyway, it'll get even better. Right now, we're in the
>> development stage of Phoenix-3 using proto. As you know, Phoenix-3
>> will be the next lambda. Boost-lambda will still be available, but
>> will be in maintenance mode (and for backward compatibility) as soon
>> as we get Phoenix-3 in the distribution.
>
> will it be a new implementation with the same interface?
> same syntax?

As much as we can, yes. But we can't promise 100%. The
extension mechanism and of course the undocumented features
will mostly be changed.

> (I am worried of changes in the syntax for Phoenix-3),
> I am sure this was asked before: when will it be available in Boost?

All I can say is ASAP. There is a Google GSOC project on this,
so there's a good chance that we'll have something significant,
if not finished, after summer. That said, I can make no promises.

Regards,

--
Joel de Guzman
http://www.boostpro.com