Subject: [Boost-users] boost.MPI for a scheduler design
From: Jack Bryan (dtustudy68_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-05-29 13:52:08

Hi,
I want to design an application program (C++) that can distribute computing tasks on a cluster with MPI installed.
I would like to use boost.MPI to do the data communication and Rhapsodia.Schedulerto do the task scheduling.
For example, I need to solve a big problem, which can be divided into multiple small tasks.
These small tasks can be done independently on different nodes. So, when they are done, they return their results to one node, which combine their results into a solution for the big problem.
Right now, the big problem has been programmed with C++. It is a sequential algorithm.
I need to design a task/job scheduler that can do the above scheduling on cluster system so that the small tasks can be run in parallel.
In this way, we can improve the performance of the sequential algorithm.
Does my idea make sense ?
Any help is appreciated.

thanks

Jack