Subject: Re: [Boost-users] [gil] Compilation errors with MSVC10
From: Peter Goetz (peter.gtz_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-05-30 05:33:15

2010/5/30 Christian Henning <chhenning_at_[hidden]>:
> Hi there, it seems I'm not the only having issues. I found a thread
> online and it helped me overcome the problem by setting
>
> #define _HAS_ITERATOR_DEBUGGING 0
>
> in front of my code. As it turns out release configuration works fine
> but debug is failing. It could be a general problem with
> boost::iterator_facade from my standpoint.
>
> Now this is not a workaround I would like to add to my boost
> submission of the new gil::io. Anyone having more insight?
>
> Thanks,
> Christian
>
> PS: Here the link to the thread explaining a similar problem to mine:
>
> http://old.nabble.com/-repost--multiarray--Bug-with-boost::detail::multi_array::array_iterator-on-MSVC-2010RC--td27879293.html

Hi Christian,

unfortunately not more insight, but I just tested your code sample
with MSVC8 (aka VS2005) and MSVC9 (aka VS2008) and it compiles in both
cases with no errors. However, I get the following warning:

warning C4996: 'std::copy': Function call with parameters that may be
unsafe - this call relies on the caller to check that the passed
values are correct. To disable this warning, use
-D_SCL_SECURE_NO_WARNINGS. See documentation on how to use Visual C++
'Checked Iterators'
1> c:\program files\microsoft visual studio
9.0\vc\include\xutility(2550) : see declaration of 'std::copy'

Hope that helps
Peter