Subject: [Boost-users] [Phoenix] documentation feedback
From: John Dlugosz (JDlugosz_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-06-01 15:23:05

<http://www.boost.org/doc/libs/1_43_0/libs/spirit/phoenix/doc/html/phoenix/basics.html>

        What it returns instead is another function, a lambda function --another black box.

The two hyphens should be an em-dash, and the space (of lack of) the same on either side. I suggest a "thin space" on either side, or no space.

Also, the generated HTML is missing the <!DOCTYPE> declaration

<http://www.boost.org/doc/libs/1_43_0/libs/spirit/phoenix/doc/html/phoenix/organization.html>
Table 1.2 names "Container", but that is not in the four-layer chart of modules above.

<http://www.boost.org/doc/libs/1_43_0/libs/spirit/phoenix/doc/html/phoenix/primitives.html>
        Evaluating a Value
        cout << val(3)() << val("Hello World")();
        prints out "3 Hello World".

Where does the extra space come from? Should that be "3Hello World"? (Two instances in file)

        Here, we want the first function argument, x, to be mutable.

The 'x' is not marked with tt and identifier like other such things are.

<http://www.boost.org/doc/libs/1_43_0/libs/spirit/phoenix/doc/html/phoenix/composite.html>

        where ftor is an instance of factorial_impl

is missing tt/identifier in two places

        composite is simply a function object expecting a single argument of the containers value_type

ditto, "value_type"

        where arg1 is replaced by the container's element.

ditto, "arg1"

        the if_else pseudo function is provided for this purpose

ditto, "if_else"

        are passed on to STL's for_each function.

ditto, "for_each". Many others, I'll stop listing them.

        2. Unary operators are lazily evaluted if their argument is an actor object.

Is grammatically incorrect (it implies that all the operators are sharing a single argument) and it would be better worded to be consistent with the tense of the other items in the list, specifically #1. It also contains a spelling error ("evaluted"). I would suggest

"A unary operator will be lazily evaluated with its operand is an actor object."

        ifelse statment (Header level 4)

I think the Docbook exporter got confused. Just look at the page in a web browser! I think you meant to write "if_else_" and it took the underscore as a formatting directive, since it appears to underscore the rest of the word and has no space or underscore characters.

        dowhile Statement (Header)

ditto.

        It is again very similar to the C++ for statement. Take note that the
        init_statement, conditional_expression and stepstatement are separated
        by the comma instead of the semi-colon and each must be present
        (i.e. `for(,,)` is invalid).

Besides missing the tt/identifier in several places, I think it originally said "... step_ statement ... for_(,,)" and the underbars got taken as underling everything between them. The backticks around the "for" expression should be tt formatting instead.

<http://www.boost.org/doc/libs/1_43_0/libs/spirit/phoenix/doc/html/phoenix/inside_phoenix.html>

        apply_actor is a standard MPL style metafunction

"MPL-style" needs a hyphen, since the pair of words is used as an adjective.

TradeStation Group, Inc. is a publicly-traded holding company (NASDAQ GS: TRAD) of three operating subsidiaries, TradeStation Securities, Inc. (Member NYSE, FINRA, SIPC and NFA), TradeStation Technologies, Inc., a trading software and subscription company, and TradeStation Europe Limited, a United Kingdom, FSA-authorized introducing brokerage firm. None of these companies provides trading or investment advice, recommendations or endorsements of any kind. The information transmitted is intended only for the person or entity to which it is addressed and may contain confidential and/or privileged material. Any review, retransmission, dissemination or other use of, or taking of any action in reliance upon, this information by persons or entities other than the intended recipient is prohibited. If you received this in error, please contact the sender and delete the material from any computer.