Subject: Re: [Boost-users] New algorithm for four coloring planar graphs
From: Jeremiah Willcock (jewillco_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-06-02 14:58:00

On Tue, 1 Jun 2010, Mike Douglass wrote:

> I have uploaded the output of my new algorithm (program) for four coloring planar graphs to
>
> http://groups.google.com/group/graph_coloring_B1
>

> Go to the files section, download the files, and read README.
>
> The program was written in the BGL of course. The algorithm is a very
> simple alternating chain algorithm with some new ordering features. It
> works better than you would think. I think those interested in the four
> coloring of planar graphs will like it. I will upload three other
> examples probably tomorrow.

I am interested in adding this to BGL if it works well and the code is
clean. Which file(s) contain the source code? The README file seems to
suggest that only PDFs are in the directory. Also, splitting up files is
annoying; one way to propose things for BGL is to create a new Trac ticket
with a feature request. Those are tracked better and you can upload large
files easily. Are you willing to license your code under the Boost
license? Also, is it possible to get HTML versions of your documentation
(at least enough to use the software; PDFs are probably fine for the
mathematical descriptions)?

-- Jeremiah Willcock