Subject: Re: [Boost-users] [utf] handling 'gold' files
From: Olaf Peter (ope-devel_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-06-06 15:18:45

>> The test should
>> apply at some test files, and compared with some manual checked files -
>> the 'gold' files.
>
> IOW, the 'gold' files are the expected or correct output from the test
> file executable and the test driver (or whatever) compares these with
> the actual output from test file executable to decide whether the
> test passed. Correct?

correct.

Common (?) are test suites with automated registration. The tests know
about the files names, but not to the paths to them due to OS specific
paths etc. In my case the test exe is called by cmake's ctest.

How to handle this? Using a global fixture with/without
boost.program_options?

Thanks,
Olaf