Subject: Re: [Boost-users] [MPI] Test fails
From: Belcourt, Kenneth (kbelco_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-06-07 14:03:52

Hi Miguel,

On Jun 7, 2010, at 1:19 AM, Miguel Ángel Vázquez wrote:

> I already installed Boost MPI library and I tested like you suggest
> in the tutorial (executing bjam in /libs/mpi/test). Unfortunately,
> it doesn't pass all the tests and I don't know whether they are
> important or not or what to do to try to fix them.
>
> I enclose you the output, hope someone can help me somehow.

Note that all these failing tests are on the larger end (8 to 17
processors) of the MPI tests and they all fail with the same error
message.

all_gather_test-17
skeleton_content_test-8
skeleton_content_test-13
skeleton_content_test-17

../../../boost/test/minimal.hpp(123../../../boost/test/
minimal.hpp(123): exception "memory access violation at address:
0x00000046: no mapping at fault address" caught in function: 'int
main(int, char**)'

While I don't know what platform you're on, this looks like a bug in
Boost.Test. How much memory does this system have? If the system is
clean booted, idle, and you run just one single test like
skeleton_content_test-8, does the test work correctly? Can you run
this test under valgrind and see if valgrind reports any significant
problems?

-- Noel