Subject: Re: [Boost-users] [MultiIndex] As if one iterator
From: Filip Konvička (filip.konvicka_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-06-10 11:20:08

> Yes, you are right, they changed this bit of their library. When you say
> wou weren't able, do you
> mean that you haven't had the chance yet or that you had problems? In
> principle,
>
> adobe::any_iterator<T,std::bidirectional_iterator_tag>
>
> is the same as
>
> adobe::bidirectional_iter<T>
>
> so the migration to the new interface should be straightforward.

I'm using MSVC 2010 for the experiment, if that matters... Using
adobe::bidirectional_iter gives me

adobe\any_iterator.hpp(154): error C2675: unary '--' :
'boost::multi_index::detail::hashed_index_iterator<Node,BucketArray>'
does not define this operator or a conversion to a type acceptable to
the predefined operator

Using adobe::iter gives me:

adobe\any_iterator.hpp(63): error C2039: 'interface_ref' : is not a
member of 'adobe::poly_iterator_instance<V,R,D>::type<I>'

So I think I'm stuck here... I'm trying to use this with a hashed_unique
index with a composite_key; the item in the container is a shared_ptr.
The (corrected) example from their docs that uses std::vector seems to
compile.

It could be that poly_iterator_instance is missing some 'using', I
haven't looked into this much yet.

Thank you,
Filip