Subject: Re: [Boost-users] asio HTTP Server 3 example memory leak
From: admin_at_[hidden]
Date: 2010-06-11 23:28:59

xyz xyz <dubteam2000@yahoo.com> wrote:

> Hello,

> I've compiled (using MSVC 2008) the HTTP Server 3 example from asio library, and I noticed
> that if I enter the address in a browser and then repeatedly press F5, the memory usage for
> the server process keep increasing. Anyone know why this memory leak, or what is happening?

> Thanks.

xyz and I chatted on IRC - I compiled and ran the same version of HTTP Server 3 on Linux (G++ 4.1),
profiling it's execution with valgrind. During runtime, the memory allocated for each new connection
does appear to be leaking. However, valgrind reported that by the time the test server had exited, all
memory allocated had been freed (0 bytes lost). So, at least on GCC, this isn't an actual memory leak,
because the program doesn't exit with memory unfreed.