Subject: Re: [Boost-users] [program_options] linking to specific library version requested?
From: Diederick C. Niehorster (dcnieho_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-06-12 10:51:05

On Sat, Jun 12, 2010 at 10:09 PM, Vladimir Prus
<vladimir_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> Diederick C. Niehorster wrote:
>
>> Hi All,
>>
>> I use program_options happily. One minor annoyance is that the headers
>> somewhere seems to specify which version of the library (the exact
>> file name) they want to link with. I've tried setting "#define
>> BOOST_PROGRAM_OPTIONS_NO_LIB ON" that I found by googling, but it made
>> no difference.
>
> I think you have somehow set that incorrectly. Setting
>
>        BOOST_PROGRAM_OPTIONS_NO_LIB
>
> to 1 globally and then recompiling all modules that use program_option
> should disable auto-linking. If it still kicks in, it means you either
> have no set this define for some module, or have not rebuilt it.

Hi Volodya,

Thank you for your quick reply. Ah, you we're right. In a helpers
library that I am linking in I defined a custom option parser for a
datatype that I define in that file. I had to set the define there as
well...

That took some hunting, thanks for the info!

Best,
Dee