Subject: Re: [Boost-users] building 1.43 for iPhone
From: Rene Rivera (grafikrobot_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-06-12 17:56:22

On 6/12/2010 4:31 PM, Steven Watanabe wrote:
> Igor R wrote:
>>> I think this will work. (This is just a guess since I can't test it)
>>> using darwin : /version/ : /command/ :
>>> <root>/Developer/Platforms/iPhoneOS.platform/Developer ;
>>
>> It says now:
>> sh: /version/: No such file or directory
>> /Users/me/Dev/company/projects/ThirdParty/boost/tools/build/v2/build/property.jam:292:
>>
>> in validate1 from module property
>> error: Invalid property
>> '<root>/Developer/Platforms/iPhoneOS.platform/Developer': unknown
>> feature 'root'.
>
> I meant /version/ and /command/ to be replaced by the
> actual version and compiler command. They can also
> be left blank.

The following is close to what I use..

===
using darwin : 4.2.1~iphone
:
/Developer/Xcode-3.2.2/Platforms/iPhoneOS.platform/Developer/usr/bin/g++
-arch armv6
: <striper>
: <architecture>arm <target-os>iphone
;

using darwin : 4.2.1~iphonesim
:
/Developer/Xcode-3.2.2/Platforms/iPhoneSimulator.platform/Developer/usr/bin/g++
: <striper>
: <architecture>x86 <target-os>iphone
;
===

The code in darwin.jam will automatically detect where the "root" is
based on the "g++" command you give it. I install Xcode in a separate
dir for each version as they will conflict with each other when you are
dealing with betas and non-iPhone Xcode. Especially since you can't
submit app to the AppStore with betas. Installing to a separate dir also
lets you easily use multiple versions at once. And to "uninstall" by
just deleting the dir. Replacing the full, correct, path to your
iOS/Simulator specific location should work.

>>> Of course, it would be better to fix the search.
>>> Does it work if you modify init-available-sdk-versions
>>> and add /Developer/Platforms/iPhoneOS.platform/Developer
>>> to root?
>>
>> I changed "root" variable like this:
>>
>> local rule init-available-sdk-versions ( condition * : root ? )
>> {
>> root ?= /Developer/Platforms/iPhoneOS.platform/Developer ;
>>
>> The output looks the same - it seems it doesn't affect the search at all.
>> I also tried to change sdks-root:
>> root ?= /Developer ;
>> local sdks-root = $(root)/Platforms/iPhoneOS.platform/Developer/SDKs ;
>> Same effect.

That would be because it's first using the command to find the root.

--
-- Grafik - Don't Assume Anything