Subject: [Boost-users] [boost] [chrono] v0.4.1 + thread_clock implementation on Windows
From: vicente.botet (vicente.botet_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-06-16 19:40:56

Hi all,

As suggested by Roland Bock on the Boost Users ML, I have implemented the thread_clock on Windows using

   FILETIME creationTime, exitTime, kernelTime, userTime;
   GetThreadTimes(GetCurrentThread (), &creationTime, &exitTime, &kernelTime,&userTime);

I don't know Windows well, it would be very kind if someone of you can inspect the implementation. The implementation of thread_clock for Mac is still missing. I don't know even if thread cloks are provided on this platform.

In addition, I have added also the function prototypes to Boost.Thread using Boost.Chrono as well as updated the tests. This could be used as a base for a possible Boost.Thread update using chrono (standard C++0x proposal), if the library is accepted, of course. Note the modifications of Boost.Thread have been done on the base of 1.43.

The library can be downloaded from http://www.boostpro.com/vault/index.php?action=downloadfile&filename=chrono.zip&directory=System& and the documentation is online on the sandbox http://svn.boost.org/svn/boost/sandbox/chrono/libs/chrono/doc/html/index.html.

Anthony Williams has accepted to manage the review. We have not yet fixed a date, but I expect we could communicate one soon.

I will be very thankful, if people using the library already or that could be interested in, can do a review even before the date.

Thanks,
Vicente Juan Botet Escribá
http://viboes.blogspot.com/