Subject: [Boost-users] Most efficient way to use boost::asio
From: Dmytro Ovdiienko (dmitriy.ovdienko_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-06-22 08:34:33

Hello All,

I'm implementing high performance network application and looking for the
tutorial how to use boost asio library in _most_ efficient way.

One part of application is TCP server/client. It should support SSL (if
remote site supports SSL). Also it should support synchronous and
asynchronous modes to write/read to/from socket to get best
latency/throughput results (I'm not sure though if there any sense in
synchronous mode).

Another part is UDP client. It uses asynchronous IO.

I noticed that null_buffers, shared_ptr make application slower. Are there
other stuffs I should avoid?

Thank you for assistance.

Dima