Subject: [Boost-users] [serialization] no RTTI data error
From: Noah Roberts (roberts.noah_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-06-22 13:59:34

I'm hoping someone can help me narrow down what I might be looking for.
Already spent a lot of time trying to get somewhere and still trying to
step through but using VS2010 and it's slower than ANYTHING ELSE THAT
EXISTS!!

The problem is that when I load my file I get an, "Access violation - no
RTTI data," error. Yes, RTTI is turned on and the application actually
relies upon it very heavily throughout its operation (acyclic visitor is
a major component). The problem seems to have just cropped up and is
within code that has previously passed tests.

Best I can do at this point is describe the problem and hope someone has
an idea of what to look for because I've been inch by inch stepping
through serialization template code with a debugger that takes 30
seconds each damn step. I won't be done for hours. (anyone know how to
speed this bitch up?)

The problem seems to involve a type that I'm using
save/load_construct_data on. There is a collection of these objects
that is stored and loaded previously in the file and then I try to load
a vector of objects that have shared pointers to these previously loaded
objects on an individual basis.

It was working fine and then I attached more data after the vector. Now
it throws this exception when I try to load the pointer; before it
reaches the new code that is otherwise entirely unrelated (it's just an
object that happens to be stored in the same parent).

If and when I get more information I'll post but for now I'm hoping
someone can save me some time and frustration. This debugger is the
slowest damn thing I've ever seen in my life.

--
http://crazyeddiecpp.blogspot.com/