Subject: Re: [Boost-users] ptrdiff_t
From: John Maddock (boost.regex_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-06-24 05:01:06

> Thanks for your tips . I searched my system directory , found 2 cstddef
> files ,
> one is in my VC directory and one is in boost compatibility directory
> . The latter do import ptrdiff_t into std namespace . It seems boost
> include the former . Should I copy boost's cstddef to my VC directory
> ? BTW I'm using WDK (Windows Driver Kit) , C compiler version is 15.00
> and not ran bootstrap.bat ever.

You shouldn't really need to use those compatibity headers - and you
definitely shouldn't copy them over your existing ones - that would be a
very quick way to break your WDK install. I don't know enough about the WDK
to know how standards conforming it is, but it may be that you need to
define BOOST_NO_STDC_NAMESPACE when building. You might also want to try
building libs/config/test/config_test.cpp to see if Boost is correctly
configured for that platform, as I don't think it's something we've ever
really supported.

HTH, John.