Subject: Re: [Boost-users] is_range / is_range_of metafunctions
From: Neil Groves (neil_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-06-24 17:21:42

On Thu, Jun 24, 2010 at 7:12 PM, Duncan Smith
<duncanphilipnorman_at_[hidden]>wrote:

> I'm using the Boost.Range 2.0 library (Boost version 1.43.0), and I
> was looking for metafunctions to use in conjunction with
> boost::enable_if. I wasn't able to find anything akin to "is_range"
> and/or "is_range_of" in Boost.Range or in Boost.TypeTraits.
>
> Did I overlook something? Is there an easy way to get this effect?

You may not have overlooked anything, but normally using Boost.ConceptCheck
with the appropriate RangeConcept achieves a solution to most problems, but
admittedly does not provide a solution to disambiguate overloads in
enable_if expressions.

> I did find an email in the archives with an implementation of this
> functionality:
> http://lists.boost.org/Archives/boost/2007/08/125851.php
> That implementation works for me. Is there a reason they have not
> been included?

This contribution has only been received recently and before it can become
part of Boost.Range I need to ensure correctness and portability across
compilers. It also needs tests and documentation to meet the completeness
expected of a high quality Boost library. I have also been very busy!

I am very excited about this contribution, and if all goes smoothly then it
will be in the next Boost release.

Thanks for any guidance,
> Duncan

You can help by trying out the code on the list and informing me of the
compiler and platform you are using ;-)

Thanks,
Neil Groves