Subject: Re: [Boost-users] Asio::Async_read_some - bytes_transferred=0!
From: Lloyd (lloyd_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-06-28 06:57:06

> This error usually means that you called socket.close()

What surprises me here is -

*) The socket is not closed
*) The accept handler of initial async_read_some gets the error ("The I/O
operation has been aborted because of either a thread exit or an application
request")

*) After that I am able to wait on same socket and read the data from
socket. (The async_read_some is again called form the handler of the
"initial async_read_some 's accept handler in a recursive manner)

Could there be any other reason for this? This is a multi-threaded
application and each socket is created in a new thread, and thread would not
exit without completing its execution...

Thanks a lot for your hint,
   Lloyd

Scanned and protected by Email scanner