Subject: Re: [Boost-users] Default weight map doesn't work for weighted grid graph in A-star search
From: W.P. McNeill (billmcn_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-06-30 19:25:23

How do I use an explicit weight map? I thought specializing property_map<>
would be the preferred way to add edge weights to a graph that doesn't
already contain them.

BTW, here is the entire spew up to the first error message:

g++ -g -I/opt/local/include -c -o main.o main.cpp
/opt/local/include/boost/iterator/transform_iterator.hpp: In constructor
‘boost::transform_iterator<UnaryFunction, Iterator, Reference,
Value>::transform_iterator() [with UnaryFunc =
boost::detail::grid_graph_vertex_at<boost::grid_graph<2ul, size_t, size_t>
>, Iterator = boost::counting_iterator<size_t, boost::use_default,
boost::use_default>, Reference = boost::use_default, Value =
boost::use_default]’:
/opt/local/include/boost/graph/astar_search.hpp:285: instantiated from
‘void boost::astar_search(VertexListGraph&, typename
boost::graph_traits<G>::vertex_descriptor, AStarHeuristic, AStarVisitor,
PredecessorMap, CostMap, DistanceMap, WeightMap, VertexIndexMap, ColorMap,
CompareFunction, CombineFunction, CostInf, CostZero) [with VertexListGraph =
boost::grid_graph<2ul, size_t, size_t>, AStarHeuristic =
boost::euclidean_heuristic, AStarVisitor = boost::astar_goal_visitor,
PredecessorMap = boost::dummy_property_map, CostMap =
boost::vector_property_map<float,
boost::grid_graph_index_map<boost::grid_graph<2ul, size_t, size_t>,
boost::array<size_t, 2ul>, size_t> >, DistanceMap =
boost::vector_property_map<float,
boost::grid_graph_index_map<boost::grid_graph<2ul, size_t, size_t>,
boost::array<size_t, 2ul>, size_t> >, WeightMap = boost::edge_weight_map,
VertexIndexMap = boost::grid_graph_index_map<boost::grid_graph<2ul, size_t,
size_t>, boost::array<size_t, 2ul>, size_t>, ColorMap =
boost::vector_property_map<boost::default_color_type,
boost::grid_graph_index_map<boost::grid_graph<2ul, size_t, size_t>,
boost::array<size_t, 2ul>, size_t> >, CompareFunction = std::less<float>,
CombineFunction = boost::closed_plus<float>, CostInf = float, CostZero =
float]’
/opt/local/include/boost/graph/astar_search.hpp:318: instantiated from
‘void boost::detail::astar_dispatch2(VertexListGraph&, typename
boost::graph_traits<G>::vertex_descriptor, AStarHeuristic, CostMap,
DistanceMap, WeightMap, IndexMap, ColorMap, const Params&) [with
VertexListGraph = boost::grid_graph<2ul, size_t, size_t>, AStarHeuristic =
boost::euclidean_heuristic, CostMap = boost::vector_property_map<float,
boost::grid_graph_index_map<boost::grid_graph<2ul, size_t, size_t>,
boost::array<size_t, 2ul>, size_t> >, DistanceMap =
boost::vector_property_map<float,
boost::grid_graph_index_map<boost::grid_graph<2ul, size_t, size_t>,
boost::array<size_t, 2ul>, size_t> >, WeightMap = boost::edge_weight_map,
IndexMap = boost::grid_graph_index_map<boost::grid_graph<2ul, size_t,
size_t>, boost::array<size_t, 2ul>, size_t>, ColorMap =
boost::vector_property_map<boost::default_color_type,
boost::grid_graph_index_map<boost::grid_graph<2ul, size_t, size_t>,
boost::array<size_t, 2ul>, size_t> >, Params =
boost::bgl_named_params<boost::astar_goal_visitor, boost::graph_visitor_t,
boost::no_property>]’
/opt/local/include/boost/graph/astar_search.hpp:350: instantiated from
‘void boost::detail::astar_dispatch1(VertexListGraph&, typename
boost::graph_traits<G>::vertex_descriptor, AStarHeuristic, CostMap,
DistanceMap, WeightMap, IndexMap, ColorMap, const Params&) [with
VertexListGraph = boost::grid_graph<2ul, size_t, size_t>, AStarHeuristic =
boost::euclidean_heuristic, CostMap =
boost::detail::error_property_not_found, DistanceMap =
boost::detail::error_property_not_found, WeightMap = boost::edge_weight_map,
IndexMap = boost::grid_graph_index_map<boost::grid_graph<2ul, size_t,
size_t>, boost::array<size_t, 2ul>, size_t>, ColorMap =
boost::detail::error_property_not_found, Params =
boost::bgl_named_params<boost::astar_goal_visitor, boost::graph_visitor_t,
boost::no_property>]’
/opt/local/include/boost/graph/astar_search.hpp:372: instantiated from
‘void