Subject: Re: [Boost-users] How to get tuple member type ?
From: Timothy Madden (terminatorul_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-07-02 08:26:25

Stefan Strasser wrote:
> Zitat von Timothy Madden <terminatorul_at_[hidden]>:
>
>> Hello
>>
>> I have constructed a type of STL containers and tuples in my prgogram,
>> and even though I have a typedef for it, when I use it I often need
>> the inner types involved.
>>
>> Now STL has the value_type declarations for all containers, but for
>> tuples is there a documented way to get the type of a tuple member ?
>> Or the type of the tuple<>::get<>() function ?
>
> http://www.boost.org/doc/libs/1_40_0/libs/tuple/doc/tuple_advanced_interface.html
>

> you might want to use fusion vectors instead of tuples thoug

Thank you!

Somehow I missed the 'Advanced features' link, which was exactly what I
was looking for.

I did not know about Fusion either, but for what I need it looks
complicated. :) Anyway I find that when using tuples heavily it is
actually better to define classes/structs for your data, as using
t.get<idxHostname>() all the time is no better than t.hostname, and also
not clearer.

Timothy Madden