Subject: Re: [Boost-users] [GIL] Warnings when compiling items in channel_algorithms.hpp
From: Nathan Crookston (nathan.crookston_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-07-04 16:49:12

Christian,

On Sun, Jul 4, 2010 at 9:50 AM, Christian Henning <chhenning_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> Nathan, it just occurred to me. Why don't you use bit_aligned images
> for your sample code below? You min and max are the same.
>
> typedef bit_aligned_image1_type< 12, gray_layout_t >::type gray12_image_t;
> typedef bit_aligned_image1_type< 14, gray_layout_t >::type gray14_image_t;

Thanks for the suggestion. I considered that when I first adapted my
code to use GIL. At the time I decided not to use them because the
data (as provided by hardware over which I have no control) is
byte-aligned -- there are 12 (or 14) bits of data and 4 (or 2) bits of
padding. I may be misunderstanding bit-aligned images, however.

I will be needing to add bit-aligned pixel types soon, however, and
I'm pleased with how simple that should be.

Thanks,

Nate