Subject: [Boost-users] asio, new connection handler is not called
From: Lloyd (lloyd_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-07-07 05:11:44

Hi,

In our application, inside the "main()" a tcp port made to listen, and the io_service is ran. It receives connection, and reads data from the connection. Then it create a thread and passes the "io_service" and the related "socket" as a reference to the new thread. Further communication are performed inside the thread. So far this works fine.

Now inside the thread, I have created a "thread interruption point". This thread interruption point is inside a while loop for testing, and the while loop is inside the "async_read_handler". (That is the read handler never returns - When testing code is execution control is here-). By opening a new "telnet client", I have tried to connect to the listening port, it is connected, but the async_accept handler routine is not called! What could be the reason? How can I rectify this?

Thanks,
  Lloyd

Scanned and protected by Email scanner