Subject: [Boost-users] Thread ID
From: Kraus Philipp (philipp.kraus_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-07-07 10:47:20

Hi,

I need for initialisation the random values on a cluster (64 cores on
8 machines) different seeds. I would like to use the time and thread
id: I can't use only the time, because I will get the same random
numbers on every core, so I would like to use thread id and time
together.

I dont' work with boost threads, so I try to read the thread id with
boost::thread::get_id(). Compiling works, but on linking I get the
error "that boost threads can't linking", but I don't have any library
like "boost thread" ? Should I compile the library like the iostream
lib?

Is this the right way to read the thread id? I need only a value which
I can use for the random seed of all cores and the value must be
different on every core.

Thanks for help

Phil