Subject: Re: [Boost-users] Boost MPI, error to get message
From: Matthias Troyer (troyer_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-07-07 14:08:51

On 6 Jul 2010, at 00:24, Jack Bryan wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Thanks for all your reply.
>
> I attached the code in the email.
>
> I downloaded : Rhapsodia.Scheduler
> from
> http://rhascheduler.sourceforge.net/
> because I need to do application program level task scheduling.
>
> In file "TaskPackSystem.hpp", I designed a task class "TaskPackage" to carry my defined task.
>
> Other classes in the file are not used.
>
> My main program is mpi_message_transfer.cpp, which can transfer tasks from master to workers
> and then collects results from them.
>

> Right now, I am testing 3 tasks (TOTALTASKNUM =3) and 2 workers (nodes).
>
> I use 3 nodes totally, another node is the master.
>
> node 0 : is master.
>
> node 1 : worker 1 assigned with task 1 and 3.
>
> node 2 : worker 2 assigned with task 2.
>
> Each task has a distinct tag, which is assigned by master before it is sent out to a worker.
>
> After receiving a task and doing its local work on the task, the worker uses the same tag ID to send
> it to master.
>
> The master use non-blocking world.recv(resultSourceRank, tagID, resultTaskPackage) to get the result task.
>
> You may need to download the Rhapsodia.Scheduler to get their header files.
>
> I attached the 4 files in the email.
>
> mpi_message_transfer.cpp
> TaskPackSystem.hpp
> BasicScheduler.hpp
> SimpleScheduler.hpp

Hi Jack,

it would help a lot if you could reduce this to a simpler example - for example I don't even know whether your problem is with the T1 or T2 tasks, or anything else. One immediate problem I see is that you never post a wait for recvReqsT2, and thus those receives will never happen.

You will need to reduce this to a simpler problem, and it might also help if, as suggested before, you also try to use the native MPI API instead of Boost.MPI.

Matthias

Matthias