Subject: Re: [Boost-users] bjam cross compile linking with wrong libs
From: Dane Springmeyer (blake_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-07-11 04:01:52

Mark,

I don't know the answer, but I'm keen to know the right approach as well (basically to preference user-installed libraries in /usr/local/lib over system libraries in /usr/lib). I have repeated run into the problem of /usr/lib coming first in the linker line.

What I see is where boost_regex will compile against /usr/local/include ICU headers, but link to /usr/lib. My only solution has been to patch the boost_regex jamfile by moving /usr/local/lib in front of /usr/lib.

Dane