Subject: [Boost-users] [program options] Is it possible to add new options during parsing?
From: Jorge Moraleda (jorge.moraleda_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-07-08 19:34:40

Hi,

I am wondering if it is possible (and if so, what is the best way) to
add new options to a parser during parsing, that is, during the call
to run().

The use case scenario is that I have an option called 'type' and if
the type specified at runtime equals 'string1' I want to allow and
parse a set of extra options (which -of course- can only be specified
after type), and if it equals 'string2' then I want to allow and parse
a different set of extra options.

To do this I am thinking of using a command_line_parser and invoking
extra_parser() with a function that will invoke method options() on
the command_line_parser object as appropriate. I am wondering if
adding options during parsing is going to break something or if there
is a cleaner way to achieve this. One of the reasons why I don't like
this solution so much is the need to pass somehow the parser object to
the funcion that does the extra parsing, although I think I can use
bind for that.

Thank you. Regards,

Jorge