Subject: Re: [Boost-users] Memory management of boost::mutex
From: Markus Henschel (markus.henschel_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-07-13 04:52:46

Currently we use 1.34.1 but will soon upgrade to 1.43.0. At least in 1.34.1 when BOOST_HAS_WINTHREADS is defined a mutex allocates memory for a win32 CRITICAL_SECTION using new operator. It seems like the implementation in 1.43.0 has changed completely. Would be great if there was no more dynamic memory allocation. On the other hand I can never be sure if boost mutex will change the implementation again in future versions. Mmmmmm...