Subject: Re: [Boost-users] Storing boost as a 'vendor library' within svn and minimising it's size
From: Vladimir Prus (vladimir_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-07-14 05:42:17

Mathias Gaunard wrote:

> On 14/07/10 09:40, David Aldrich wrote:
>> Hi
>>
>>> Doing a "bjam stage" from the root directory of the destination folder
>>> will
>>> build what you copied over, or you can of course copy binaries from the
>>> existing distribution.
>>
>> Thanks, I will just copy the libraries over.
>>
>> I guess that since I am copying over the binaries, I can delete the libs folder of the bcp
>> destination folder (as it contains only .cpp files and build files). Would you agree?
>
> Isn't it weird to put binaries under revision control?

No, it's not weird. There are some risks involved, in particular that the binaries might
eventually stop working because your OS is upgraded too much, and at this point you'll
find that source no longer compiles either. But, in general, I don't see anything particularly
wrong about putting binaries under version control.

- Volodya