Subject: Re: [Boost-users] Default weight map doesn't work for weighted grid graph in A-star search
From: W.P. McNeill (billmcn_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-07-14 19:59:02

On Wed, Jul 14, 2010 at 3:16 PM, Jeremiah Willcock <jewillco_at_[hidden]>wrote:

> On Wed, 14 Jul 2010, W.P. McNeill wrote:
>
> I verified the documentation changes for grid graph indexing calls and A*
>> visitors. Looks good. Now doing edge weights with a static_property_map<>.
>>

> OK.
>

> I've duplicated relevant information from the README at the top of
>> maze.cpp, so README doesn't need to be included in the Boost examples.
>>
>> I found that I have to implement my own vertex index map, though I'm not
>> sure exactly why. If I remove all my vertex index map code and call A* with
>> the
>> default map like so:
>>
>> astar_search(m_barrier_grid,
>> source(),
>> heuristic,
>> boost::weight_map(weight).
>> predecessor_map(pred_pmap).
>> distance_map(dist_pmap).
>> visitor(visitor) );
>>
>> I get the following error:
>>
> (snip)
>
> That is a bug in astar_search(). Please try with the latest Boost trunk
> and see if it works. I also added named parameters to
> astar_search_no_init().
>
> I tried building with the default index map again against the Boost tree at
version 64026 and got the same error as before:

graph_traits.hpp:226: error: no type named ‘vertex_property_type’ in ‘class
grid’

I noticed that the documentation for the the vertex_index_map parameter says
that the graph must have an internal vertex_index property. Could this be
the problem? If I try to add the following line to a working build:

typedef grid::vertex_index grid_vertex_index;

I get this error:

g++ -g -I/src/boost-trunk -Wall -Werror -O3 -c -o astar_maze.o
astar_maze.cpp
astar_maze.cpp:62: error: ‘vertex_index’ in class ‘grid’ does not name a
type