Subject: Re: [Boost-users] Default weight map doesn't work for weighted grid graph in A-star search
From: W.P. McNeill (billmcn_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-07-15 23:50:47

On Thu, Jul 15, 2010 at 6:50 PM, Jeremiah Willcock <jewillco_at_[hidden]>wrote:

> On Thu, 15 Jul 2010, W.P. McNeill wrote:
>

>> On Thu, Jul 15, 2010 at 5:45 PM, Jeremiah Willcock <jewillco_at_[hidden]>
>> wrote:
>> I just verified that everything builds and works with version
>> 64058 on http://svn.boost.org/svn/boost/trunk. Is that the 1.44
>> branch?
>>

>> No -- that's the trunk, and some of those changes will not get in until
>> 1.45 (but BGL should be the same). What you need to test against is
>> https://svn.boost.org/svn/boost/branches/release.
>>
>> I also put my implicit graph example into a single source to make it
>> easier to include in the examples directory.
>>

>> Good. I'll check it over again and most likely put it in soon.
>>

>> The A* maze solver example and the implicit graph example both build and
>> run correctly using the Boost release tree
>> (https://svn.boost.org/svn/boost/branches/release) revision 64062.
>>

> I added both of your examples into the Boost trunk in r64063 (with a small
> change in r64064). Please check and see if you are fine with them. I put
> implicit_graph.cpp in as-is (except for changing a quote to a normal ASCII
> quote); I tweaked astar_maze.cpp a bit (changing the distance type to double
> and adding missing braces around an initializer) to fix compiler warnings.
> Thank you for your contributions to BGL.

I picked up all your changes. I'm surprised that astar_maze.cpp has
warnings since I'm building it with -Wall -Werror g++ flags.

The astar_maze.cpp in revision 64064 looks good. Can you pick up the
latest implicit_graph.cpp on github (commit 916fe4e05c0b75dfd48d). This
fixes the non-ASCII quote, changes stringification for edges and (most
importantly) removes a comment from the code which is incorrect and might be
misleading to people using it as an example. After this change I'm going to
declare this example complete.

Thanks again for all your help.