Subject: Re: [Boost-users] [Spirit] Equivalent of limit_d in spirit 2.x
From: Hartmut Kaiser (hartmut.kaiser_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-07-19 08:45:15

> Joel de Guzman wrote:
> > On 7/19/10 12:21 PM, Roland Bock wrote:
> >>
> >> I'd like to make two suggestions for the documentation:
> >>
> >> a) It would be cool to have something like this in the tutorial:
> >>
> >> uint_[_pass = (min<= _1&& _1<= max)][ref(year) = _1]
> >>
> >> It shows an example usage of _pass and spirit's ability to handle
> >> multiple semantic actions.
> >>
> >> b) The links from the spirit documentation into the phoenix
> >> documentation could be more targeted (currently they link to the
> >> index page). In the given example, I have some trouble in finding
> >> more information about _pass in the phoenix documentation.
> >
> > Well, contributions welcome, ahem ahem :-P
>
> OK, I'll try to come up with a section for the tutorial in the next few
> days :-) Where should I send it?

The best would be a patch wrt the existing *qbk files. Feel free to send it
either to the Spirit ML or directly to me or Joel (best both).

> As for the links into phoenix, well, I did not find the _pass anywhere in
> the phoenix documentation. Otherwise I would have been more precise...

_pass is nothing Phoenix related, except it being a placeholder built on top
of Phoenix facilities (as almost all of the other Spirit placeholders, btw).

Regards Hartmut

Meet me at BoostCon
www.boostcon.com