Subject: [Boost-users] boost::xpressive - Regex stack space exhausted
From: Pavol Supa (pavol.supa_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-07-21 14:39:24

Hi,

I need to match a hex-written byte array, optionally separated with
spaces. So i tried:

boost::xpressive::sregex r = * ( * blank >> repeat<2,2> (xdigit));
smatch match;
regex_match (input, match, r);

when i use input of approx. 150 hex pairs, i get an exception "Regex
stack space exhausted" (i use default stack size by Visual studio
2008)

This pattern looks quite simple, so I'd like to know, if there is some
fundamental problem with this expressions.

I know i can enlarge the stack manually, but i expect the input to be
cca 10kB long, depending on user input, so i consider it not being a
good solution.

Pavol