Subject: Re: [Boost-users] base64 encoding ?
From: Timothy Madden (terminatorul_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-07-26 10:08:54

Mathias Gaunard wrote:
> On 26/07/10 11:45, Timothy Madden wrote:
>> Hello
>>
>> I keep looking in the online docs, and I can find old discussions on the
>> issue, but I can not find the function for base64 encoding in boost.
>>
>> Can anyone please direct me to it ? Is it still there in boost ?
>
> There is an iterator adaptor that does it in Boost.Serialization.

What does this notation mean ? Boost.Serialization ?

I found the Dataflow Iterators section in the documentation pages for
Serialization library, but now I do now know what headers do I need to
include for it. I would like to avoid the automatic linking of the
library and only use the headers, as I am still to write a step in my
project build process that would compile boost before compiling my
source files.

I find it that the Dataflow Iterators page in the library is missing
examples to also mention the include files needed, and that finding a
simple function like base64 in the online documentation is a real
challenge. Could the serialization page also include an index ?

Thank you,
Timothy Madden