Subject: [Boost-users] How to build for the VS version that I have loaded the vcvars for ?
From: Timothy Madden (terminatorul_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-07-29 17:36:42

Hello

I have a project that I would like to include boost in, and I would like
to build boost as part of my project build process.

However on a computer with both Visual Studio 2008 and Visual Studio
2010 installed the .\bjam command will build the libraries for VS 2010,
even though my project compiles with VS 2008.

It is pretty useless to build the 2010 libraries for a 2008 project,
because they have different names and can not be used from one Visual
Studio version to another.

Is there a way for the boost build procedure to compile libraries for
the Visual Studio version that the environment variables currently point
to ?

I mean if I build boost with make from a VS 2008 project than the
environment variables will point to the VS 2008 installation, and if I
build boost with make from a VS 2010 project than the environment
variables will point to the VS 2010 installation. Can I get bjam to
build boost for the currently loaded configuration, and not the latest
version that can be found installed ?

Thank you,
Timothy Madden