Subject: Re: [Boost-users] BGL: interrupting breadth_first_search() at a certain distance/predicate?
From: Trevor Harmon (Trevor.W.Harmon_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-08-04 14:46:57

On Aug 3, 2010, at 10:04 PM, Jerry wrote:

> I like the whole idea of BGL, but I don't have a specific use for it
> in my
> current job. I am extremely interested in the fields where it is
> being used.
> Thanks for sharing the application you are using it for. I would
> appreciate
> it if anyone else could share what application they use BGL for.

I am doing static code analysis and use BGL to represent a control
flow graph of the code. Nothing sophisticated really, I just needed a
generic C++ graph data structure -- with abstractions for vertices,
edges, etc. -- along with basic routines for adding, removing, and
iterating over them. I'm surprised there's nothing like this in the
STL. Although there is a handful of open-source projects providing a C+
+ graph data structure, BGL seems to be the most popular, feature-
rich, and well-supported of the lot.

Trevor