Subject: Re: [Boost-users] [MultiIndex] is it possible to create multi-key key-extractors?
From: Mostafa (mostafa_working_away_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-08-08 19:45:56

On Sun, 08 Aug 2010 13:12:17 -0700, Ryan Gallagher
<ryan.gallagher_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> Mostafa <mostafa_working_away <at> yahoo.com> writes:
>
>> struct Flower
>> {
>> int type;
>> string name;
>> std::list<string> aliases;
>> };
>>
>> I want to create a multiindexed container that indexes Flower objects by
>> type, name, and aliases, where aliases is some iteratable collection of
>> strings.
> [snip]
>
> You probably want to read up on MultiIndex's Key_Extractor concept and
> some of the realizations besides "member". Specifically the "global_fun"
> may be helpful: http://tinyurl.com/2cumme4

Thanks. I should have clarified in my earlier posting that this question
was posed after reading the documentation on key-extractors. More
precisely, I'm looking for a keyS extractor. I am/was hoping something of
this nature is constructible from what is already in the MultiIndex
library.

-Mostafa