Subject: Re: [Boost-users] [lambda][optional] Accessing an optional variable through lambda
From: Nathan Crookston (nathan.crookston_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-08-12 13:14:27

On Thu, Aug 12, 2010 at 1:47 AM, Ryan McConnehey <mccorywork_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> Thanks for the alternative.  It does look much cleaner.  I've seen boost
> Phoenix around but haven't really gotten into to it.  Is there a web article
> that describes the pros and cons of using Phoenix versus Lambda.  From an
> outside perspective it looks like they do the same things.  This of course
> leads me to ask why there are two libraries.

If I understand correctly, Boost.Phoenix is intended to replace
Boost.Lambda. In my experience the syntax is a little nicer and it
has been easier to use & extend than lambda.

The following thread provides a little more information:
<http://old.nabble.com/Phoenix3-port-to-proto-complete-td29247472.html>

Nate