Subject: Re: [Boost-users] QuickBook
From: OvermindDL1 (overminddl1_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-08-13 17:07:39

On Fri, Aug 13, 2010 at 2:58 PM, OvermindDL1 <overminddl1_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> When I initially ran setup_boostbook.sh it would not install because
> it failed installing fop, which was because it was downloading an old
> version (0.94) that did not exist on the mirror it was downloading
> from, so it was downloading the 404 page as the gz file.  I made a
> copy of setup_boostbook.sh as setup_boostbook_new.sh and edited it to
> use fop-1.0 instead, unsure why it needed to anyway considering that
> fop 1.0 was pre-installed using aptitude anyway.

Correction, what Aptitude installed was fop 0.95, when I run that
manually instead of letting bjam try it (again, thanks for the -n
command for bjam), it worked, it created the pdf. So it seems
boostbook needs some updating, or at the very least, the setup script
needs updating.

'man' is still failing however, and for the project I intend to use
this for, having it generate man pages would be useful.

And in the generated PDF it put:
"""
[id test]
[id test] ]
"""
too, like it did in the html, see attached...

Is my qbk wrong? Also, I could not get the qbk to 'compile' with the
purpose declarative inside article.

Also, what is the difference between article and the other possible
types, the documentation did not elaborate at all, just listed them...