Subject: Re: [Boost-users] [serialization] Different behaviors between archive and its polymorphic variant
From: Maxime van Noppen (maxime_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-08-18 09:22:26

On 08/18/2010 04:04 PM, Robert Ramey wrote:
> make a small example which illustrates the problem and we'll take a look a
> it.

In the first post I attached such an example.

> It's not clear to me that one should necessarily expect that the output
> of an archive class should be identical to it's polymorphic variant.

So code that uses the polymorphic variant might not work with code that
doesn't even though they use the same archive class though trough
different methods ? It seems a bit strange to me.

However, the problem isn't there actually. What happens in the example
is that when used through the template variant, save_override is
correctly used, though with the polymorphic one it isn't.

--
Maxime