Subject: [Boost-users] [Serialization] serializing derived class through base class pointer
From: Dante Stroe (dante.stroe_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-08-19 11:33:42

  Hi,

     I have a problem with serializing a derived classes through a
pointer to a base class. I tried registering with the syntax from the
documentation:

|ar.template register_type<derived_one>();

, which works well in case the derived class has a default constructor
(just like the example). I just don't know what the syntax is for the
case where the derived class does not have a default constructor (if I
use the same syntax to register the derived class then I get a
compilation error about the fact that there is no. I can provide an
example in case this is not clear enough.

Or, is it an absolute requirement for all derived classes to have a
default constructor?

Thank you and best regards,
Dante