Subject: [Boost-users] Getting started with Boost.Test
From: Otto (ottoteixeira_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-08-22 13:00:05

Hi,

I'm very new to C++ and Boost. I want to make a simple desktop application
(a game editor, basically read/write a binary file) using QtCreator.
Right now I'm only interested in Boost.Test for the unit tests.

I tried to install using the instructions in "Getting started" but wasn't
able to, probably because of bad english and lack of C++ knowledge.

I unpacked Boost to /home/otto/boost_1_44_0/
>From there, I ran:

$ mkdir dist
$ ./bootstrap.sh --prefix=/home/otto/boost_1_44_0/dist --show-libraries
--with-libraries=test
$ ./bjam install

It seems that config had no effect as it built everything (instead of just
test) and to bin.v2/. A few "cp: cannot create regular file
`/usr/local/lib/libboost_wave.a': Permission denied" errors too.
What went wrong?

Now I have bin.v2/libs/test/build/gcc-4.4.4/release with directories
link-static and threading-multi.

I also would like to configure it for usage with QtCreator.

Thanks