Subject: [Boost-users] Missing lib with Boost::Regex
From: Emir D. (xxemirxx_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-08-26 06:06:25

Hello everybody,

I'm having some problems with using Boost's Regex in MS Visual Studio
 2010. I've included the header file and downloaded the "bjam.exe" file,
 which I have run and it generated some lib and obj files. After
including the newly generated files in VS2010, when I try to compile, I
get the following:

"fatal error LNK1104: cannot open file 'libboost_regex-vc100-mt-gd-1_43.lib' "

I've inspected the bjam.exe generated files and it appears to have a lib file 'libboost_regex-vc100-mt-1_43.lib', but not 'libboost_regex-vc100-mt-gd-1_43.lib'.

After
 doing some more googling, I have found a number of related questions,
but failed to find an answer, although it seems to be a common
 problem.

Can you please help me solve my problem?

Thanks in advance,

p.s.
 If i rename the lib file, it works, at least for now. However, it is a
'Release' version and therefore I can't using it in VS in debugging
mode, meaning that I can only BatchBuild and create Release versions of
my program, although I also need to create debug ones.

p.s.s. My first Boost Mailing List post!

p.s.s.s. I've just found out that VS10 has TR1 support, so I can TR1 Regex, which is Boost's Regex :) but I am still wondering how could of I solved the above stated problem? It's bound to happen with some other Boost library.