Subject: Re: [Boost-users] [MPI, serialization] Segmentation fault in heterogeneous cluster
From: Francesco Biscani (bluescarni_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-09-03 05:31:52

Hi Matthias,

I updated to Boost 1.44.0 but unfortunately the crash is now even in
local mode (mpirun -np 2). The strange thing is that the serialization
code is apparently working fine when used with text archives, but with
MPI archives the slave process, upon reception, is deserializing the
objects with seemingly random values (e.g., huge values instead of 1
or 0 for an integer data member of a structure).

I'm trying to isolate the problem right now and, in case I can
reproduce it with a minimal example, I will post it here (though it is
likely some mistake on my part, it's the first time I use MPI and
serialization libraries).

Cheers,

  Francesco