Subject: Re: [Boost-users] How to disable the check or the error after checking for ICU (for regex lib) when building boost ?
From: dhruva (dhruvakm_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-09-04 07:21:26

On Sat, Sep 4, 2010 at 2:26 PM, John Maddock <boost.regex_at_[hidden]> wrote:

>>> Ah, this explains. Can you arrange for<boost-root>/bin.v2 directory
>>> to be created before you try to build boost. 1.44 has a bug whereby
>>> config log is written to<boost-root>/bin.v2/config.log, but the
>>> directory is not created.

Maybe, I should try this. It might just solve my issue (listed below)

>> I tried to interrupt the build process and start it again. The bin.v2
>> directory was there, but still no use ...
>
> Just to complicate things further, I guess we really want to unset
> VS_UNICODE_OUTPUT only when doing the config, not the regular build - as in
> the latter case you might want to see the messages in the IDE?  Could this
> be done with a new feature maybe?

For me, this happens when I build for FreeBSD using a GCC cross
compiler on GNU/Linux. I get a bunch of config
messages in the build.log our build framework greps for 'error:' or
'warning:' and triggers the build as failure! To overcome
this, I redirect all output into a file and prevent it from reaching
pattern matching code. If I get a solution to prevent the
config chatter from reaching the stdout, I can remove my hack.

-dhruva