Subject: Re: [Boost-users] [any] Is it possible to support polymorphism in boost::any?
From: Tang Jiang Jun (tangjiangjun_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-09-06 11:49:41

I agree with you that void* just support polymorphism for single
inheritance.
However I think maybe it is possible to make boost::any to support full
polymorphic behavior, because, for boost::any, there still has accurate type
information when casting happens. With some tricks, maybe we can use
dynamic_cast to help boost::any to cast the internal pointer to correct
child class object.

Thanks!
Tang Jiang Jun