Subject: [Boost-users] [Boost.Test] TestDox output format
From: Martin Moene (m.j.moene_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-09-07 07:48:19

Dear Gennadiy and other readers,

Recently I've been looking around for TestDox support for various programming
languages and testing frameworks (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/TestDox).

TestDox provides an agile way to document a project's evolving design and code
by giving an overview of the suite names and test names (with test success or
failure) as sentences as in:

    prompt>main.exe --log_level=all
    Running 4 test cases...

    example
     [x] Passing test reports x
     [ ] Failing test reports space
     [ ] Throwing test reports space

    MySuite
     [x] Passing test in my suite reports x

    *** 2 failures detected in test suite "example"

To learn how this may work out under Boost.Test, I transformed the
compiler_log_formatter into a simple testdox_log_formatter, see
http://www.eld.leidenuniv.nl/~moene/Home/projects/testdox/.

Now my question is: Would it be worthwile to add a testdox_log_formatter to
the Boost.Test library itself?

Best regards,
Martin