Subject: Re: [Boost-users] [test] Windows Vista: "The application failed toinitialize properly (0xc0000005)."
From: dhruva (dhruvakm_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-09-09 00:29:48

Hello,

On Wed, Sep 8, 2010 at 8:21 PM, emyr <emyr_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> I've been struggling to find a way to get bjam to add -enable-auto-import to
> all it's link stages when building boost with mingw.
>
> Can anyone help with this ?

Building boost with bjam:
1. Create a user-config.jam
2. Add the following line (refer
http://www.boost.org/boost-build2/doc/html/bbv2/overview/configuration.html
for details):
using msvc : : : <linkflags>-enable-auto-import ;
3. Provide your config file (with valid path if you keep it in a
different folder) to bjam as following:
bjam --user-config=user-config.jam

The key is "linkflags" in your user-config.jam file and its correct
location. All those colons (:) are required and note the space before
the last semi-colon.

Building boost with CMake (not tried it though but have used CMake):
You need to add the linker option to "CMAKE_EXE_LINKER_FLAGS". Maybe
edit the toplevel CMakelists.txt or equivalent that acts as a driver
to cmake.

-dhruva