Subject: [Boost-users] Compilation error's while building Boost 1_43_0 on HP-UX Re: Compilation error's while building Boost 1_43_0 on HP-UX 11.11 with gcc version 3.3.1
From: Avi Bahra (avibahra_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-09-09 04:36:04

You may not be aware but boost is not supported on HP-UX
 this was quite a while ago.

However I have built with boost using gcc a while ago.
    Using gcc 4.3.1 on HP_UX itanium B.11.23, boost 1.38

My own application/boost had problems gcc with later boost versions, so
 I tried HPUX acc compiler. This seem to cope better.

However be aware that aCC is very slow at compiles, but does work.
Currently using Acc version 6, with boost 1.43

However regardless of the compiler, you will have problems. So be
prepared for a world of pain, if you want to use boost on HPUX.
Depending on which libraries you use. I have had to manually
hack some of boost files, to get it too work, in particular for boost asio,
and one other lib, I forget.

   Best regards,
Ta,
    Avi