Subject: Re: [Boost-users] [Polygon] Test among 3 libraries
From: Angus Johnson (angus_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-09-09 13:58:17

> If you plot number of vertices in input plus output on the x axis and
> runtime on the y axis in a excel spreadsheet you can have excel create
> an exponential trend line for the data and display the equation on the
> graph.

It's 3.50am here in Sydney so I'll be very brief.
Yesterday afternoon I did just that and I get a trendline with an
equation of y = 3E-08x2.8413 which suggests scaling will be a problem.

> What is GPC's failure mode that you observe when it fails your stress test? Does it crash or does it just produce garbage output polygons.

I didn't test for garbage output, just crashes. By the way, GPC does
handle self-intersecting polygons as expected since it is based on
Vatti's algorithm.

Now, back to bed :).