Subject: Re: [Boost-users] How to manage the internal memory allocation in boost libraries?
From: dhruva (dhruvakm_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-09-10 21:38:09

Hi,

On Fri, Sep 10, 2010 at 11:45 PM, Mathias Gaunard
<mathias.gaunard_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> Taking allocators wouldn't hurt, but I'm unsure that's necessary for fairly
> high-level libraries, where there isn't even a notion of what the memory
> would be used for.

Well, we are planning to use boost in a highly resource constrained
environment (embedded system but user space). Ability to control and
track memory usage is very important. I would like some ideas on
developing an ability to track the memory usage pattern at library
level. Example, if I use different allocator instances with differing
logging, I can segregate the information on a per library basis.

-dhruva